Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wildlife Sightings


An island full of seagulls.



A young moose watching intently from behind the bushes.



A calf watches me, while it's mother is resting.



This tree was just standing alone, so I thought I would take a picture of it.



A buck on shore. This is probably a very popular place in the autumn when hunting season starts.



A deer walking along the shoreline.



Another deer hiding in the bushes. The deer stand very still and are difficult to spot. At times like this, I dream about spending a thousand dollars on a much higher quality digital SLR camera, with a strong zoom lens.



Another beautiful sunset on the South Saskatchewan River.



I tried to take a picture of myself sitting by the campfire, using the timer on the camera, but I can barely be seen. The camera focused more on the few willow branches than on me. On this trip, I should be able to get a lot more practice taking pictures.



Here is a much clearer picture of my campfire. I love sitting by a crackling fire at the end of a day of paddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment