Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Samuel Is On His Way!

I dropped Samuel off yesterday at the point where the South Saskatchewan River crosses the Alberta/Saskatchewan border. It took all day just to drive over there so he did not get under way until around 5:30 PM. He paddled for 4 hours then camped for the night. He tried get some sleep but was frequently awakened by a curious cow. He set out again at 6 am this morning and has been paddling all day with the occasional break to eat and nap.

He is traveling through dead cell areas so I have no idea how far he has gotten now. Last I heard from him was around 11:30 am this morning and he had traveled somewhere between 40-50 km total. He told me he is traveling at an average speed of 6.5 km/h.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble with my camera and I may have lost the pictures I took of him starting out. I will be re-supplying him in a few days and he will have lots of pictures for me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment