Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 1


Lloydminster is a town right on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan, and would be where I would start my trip. I arrived Friday evening (June 4th) and began looking for a motel to spend the night. The Good Knight Inn was the first motel that I stopped at, but they would not let me stay unless I gave them a description of my car and the license plate. I told them that I was traveling by bicycle, but they just looked incredulously at me. The motel staff was giving me such a hassle that I decided to go somewhere else (though they thought that no other motel would let me stay either). Since they were giving me such a difficult time, I was worried that they would also take my personal contact and payment information and use it mischieviously. I had quite a time getting my information back. From now on I will avoid the Good Knight Inn.



Just down the road was the BCMI. They did not seem to mind that I was traveling by bicycle. They treated me just fine. I had a good night's rest and was ready to go early in the morning.



This is the Border sign in the middle of down town Lloydminster. There is not much traffic at 5:30 am.




A couple of blocks down is the Saskatchewan Visitor Information building. The flags reveal that there is a gentle westerly breeze to get me started this morning.



The road out of town.



I didn't know how the law would react to me using my cell phone on my bicycle, so most of the time I just stopped when using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment