Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wind and Canine Challenges

My training seems to revolve heavily around the wind strength and direction. I am still not strong enough to ride into a 20km headwind and go very far. So on strong wind days (which we seem to have a lot of here in Saskatchewan) I like to ride on roads perpendicular to the wind. At first glance I thought this was a good strategy, but I live in a very rural environment and unfortunately a lot of farms around here have loose dogs. Now I love dogs! I have a few dogs myself. But all of my dogs are trained and/or controllable, and supervised. But I am really starting to be disgruntled at the farmers who allow their dogs to chase, and in some instances bite people on public roads. I have been chased and bit far too many times, and I am sure others have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment