Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cross Training

Today was another rainy day and so I thought I would jot down a few of the cross training exercises that I am using.

Of course squats, leg extensions and leg curls are always helpful. But I also pay attention to muscles that get sore while riding, like my neck and shoulders. Shoulders, and traps are another area that seem to tire and get sore on long rides, so shoulder press, seated rows and flies are important exercises. To balance this I like to do several push-ups at different angles. Starting with angled push-ups with my feet high on the back of a chair. Then change angles and have my feet on the seat of the chair, then move my feet to the floor for regular push-ups. Lastly I put my feet on the floor and do push-ups between two chairs, which works the lower portion of the pectorals.

Naturally, it is always a good idea to hop on the stationary bicycle for a short ride, just an hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment