Friday, July 9, 2010

Testing the Paddles


On Tuesday, we went out on Whitesand Lake to test the paddles. The River paddle worked great. It took a bit to get used to the technique, but there was a definite advantage to using this large paddle in specific circumstances.

The paddle that I had made for my main paddle did not live up to my expectations. I am going to get to work and build a new one with the improvements. First the grip needs to have a better angle on it. Second, the shaft diametre might be just a touch too wide. Third, the throat should have a longer taper. Fourth the blade was a little loud, so I will round the corners of the blade a bit more.



We saw several pelicans all along the lake, but there were certain places where a bunch of them would gather. This picture was taken at the Theodore Dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment